all over His creation...

all over His creation...

Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring adventure...




On Saturday, we drove over to Camp Sherman, Or. and went to the hatchery. We had a great time watching the geese and ducks swimming. I had lots of photo ops with the fish and geese. Yet, it was not too far away from home.


The two geese here were very friendly. They even ate fish food from my sons hand and my own. It was a great day all in all. Fish, Geese, familly, and pine needles.


Pine needles you say? Yes, we gathered a bunch of pine needles so that I could attempt a basket. My willow has just been sitting around, not enough to make a basket with so it just sits. Yes, it is pretty to look at, but it taunts me.


SO, pine needles, why not give it a try right? ANd guess what, I did, I finished a basket. It was not as hard as it looks, yet the preperation was a little tricky. I wont give you how to's just yet as I am just a beginner but you can get some help from PaleoPlanet.net and go to the baskets sectoin, lots of info there, or I was actually reading a book called "Pine Needle Basketry- From Forest to Finished Project." BY Judy Mofield Mallow.


This book had a ton of how to's and a ton of photos of diffent baskets you can make. Not so primitive as I would hope but to start out, what the heck right? So I had fun, hope you enjoy my finished product. One Geese photo and one basket photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment