all over His creation...

all over His creation...

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Out and About

It has been a while since I was on here last, mainly, due to computer issues. That is why there is no picture with this post. I did, however, want to share and adventure we had today that was fun yet did not cost more than a few dollars in gas.
We headed up to the local woods today to gather some more willow for my baskets, that I am sad to say is coming along slowly, but needed more willow anyway. Never have too much :)
There is a lot of snow around here so we couldnt go very far but we got far enough to gather some willow. My boys (hubby and son) were having an all out snowball war and leaving me out thank goodness when I got the idea for snowball baseball with a willow bat.
I took my hair tye out of my hair and tied the willow shafts I had, about fifteen, together, adn held them at the small end. They proceeded to throw snowballs my way and I would try to smack them.
THis was fun, to my suprise, yet the snowballs didnt go any distance but to the ground, it was a blast. The last one we did, my son through and as I hit it, it shredded into a mist of snow covering my face and shirt. Of course, bear laughed his head off.
But, point being, we had a blast just being goofballs out in the woods not too far just being silly with that we had. NO expenisive sleds, no gear, just layers of clothes, a little gas, and some willow.
Hopefully your adventures are all going well out there. Please pray for our computer issues so that I can add more stories and pics more often!
Until then, later!

No comments:

Post a Comment