all over His creation...

all over His creation...

Sunday, November 8, 2009

out and about


We went out into the woods on both sides of our town this weekend. Each side offering different habitats, each offering different activities, all the same as far as having fun goes. We headed out past Sisters on Saturday in hopes to build a primitive shelter but ran into some very cold, snowy weather so opted out for getting some wood, photos, and enjoying scenery.

Sunday, we headed east past Prineville and were out gathering willow to make baskets, and some other natural plants to make arrows and other primitive tools. We hiked along roads, creeks, and drove around as it was a little chilly too.

Although we didnt see a lot of wild animals nor did we get to build a shelter, we had the most amazing time, the three of us, spending time not too far from home. We got to take photos, share stories, enjoy sharing in each others ideas, and had a great time.

The willow I collected I am hoping to post a follow along as I make my first basket. We will see how it goes. I also got my first peice of vinemaple to make my first bow. Me and bear will be on our first, John on his what, millionth :)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment